Sunday, February 10, 2008

Playing For Inmates

I play in a band and Friday we played at a prison. We all had our perceptions of want it the inmates would be like and even what they would like and most of those perceptions were wrong. You get a certain perception of prison from what you see in the media, but I’m telling you not all prisons are like that.

The inmates we met were friendly and helpful. They really enjoyed the show and I actually enjoyed being there and playing for them. Granted this wasn’t a maximum-security prison, but don’t we tend to lump all prisons together? Well, I won’t do that again.

And the answer to what an inmate looks like is, they look just like us. And that says it all.

If you like this post Subscribe to my feed and never miss one.

Click here to visit Klik.us and build my Kliks Add to Technorati Favorites

Mister Linker

No comments: