Monday, February 4, 2008

Crazy News Monday; Dead Animal Art

As an artist I just had to do this story. There’s guy in New York, let’s call him an artist I guess, who uses dead animals in his art. I’m not talking about pictures of dead animals, I’m talking real dead animals.

Artist, Nate Hill rummages through piles of trash with the goal of finding interesting dead animals to make into art. Hill has been doing this since 1999. He gets most of his animals from hunters, roadkill and taxidermists. "To put it simply, what I do is cut up the animals, I sew them together in a different way, and then I submerge them in rubbing alcohol to preserve them" says Hill.

In Hill’s studio you might see a puppy's with a turkey neck and fish bladder as armadillo fingernails and birds' legs as abstract art-in-a-jar. Hill produces a video series that is posted on YouTube called "Chop Chop". One episode of the series was taken down because of complaints. It showed Hill sewing together parts of a rabbit, a duck and a chicken.

I don’t know that I would call this art, but I guess there are people out there that enjoy it. And that says it all.


If you like this post Subscribe to my feed and never miss a post.

Click here to visit Klik.us and build my Kliks Add to Technorati Favorites

Mister Linker


This is going to be the next big money maker, JOIN NOW!

No comments: