Friday, February 15, 2008

King Google Speaks

Lets face it Google is the King of the Internet. They can make you or break you. I just had my PR dropped from a PR 3 to a PR 0. I’m sure it’s due to having paid posts on this blog, but what the hell.

Google came up with this page ranking system that ranks a website supposedly on it’s popularity and they judge that by the number of backlinks a site has pointed at it. Everybody bought into this system and uses it to their advantage. Whether it’s to make money, get more traffic or whatever.

My question is if your page rank is based on the number on of backlinks you have to your site or blog, how can Google drop your page rank just because you are doing something they don’t like such as paid reviews? You still have those backlinks, which is what your page rank is based on. If anyone should be penalized it should be the ones that are paying for the links.

I titled the post King Google, but in truth Google is acting more like a dictator than a monarce. And that says it all.

If you like this post Subscribe to my feed and never miss one.

Click here to visit Klik.us and build my Kliks Add to Technorati Favorites

Mister Linker

No comments: