Thursday, February 7, 2008

Most Popular Oil Paintings Of 2007


Being an artist myself and working in oils, it’s interesting to me to see what was the top oil paintings of 2007. At OverstockArt, they put out a list of there top ten best selling oil paintings. For a second year in a row Vincent Van Gogh has topped the list.

The list goes as follows;
1. Starry Night - Vincent Van Gogh
2. The Kiss - Gustav Klimt
3. Cafe Terrace at Night - Vincent Van Gogh
4. Poppy Field at Argenteuil - Claude Monet
5. Persistence of Memory - Salvador Dali
6. The Dream - Pablo Picasso
7. The Mona Lisa - Leonardo Da Vinci
8. Garden Path at Giverny - Claude Monet
9. Branches of an Almond Tree in Blossom - Vincent Van Gogh
10. Luncheon of the Boating Party - Pierre Auguste Renoir
I am glad to see Salvador Dali make the list since he is my favorite artist.

Check out these oil paintings and others at OverstockArt. And that says it all.

If you like this post Subscribe to my feed and never miss a post.

Click here to visit Klik.us and build my Kliks Add to Technorati Favorites

Mister Linker

No comments: