Tuesday, August 28, 2007

“The Number 23” A Damn Good Movie

This weekend, my girlfriend and I got the movie “The Number 23” from the library (why rent or buy a movie when you can get it from the library for free). Now, not a movie critic or professional movie reviewer, I just know what I like and I like this movie, I could even go as far as to say I love it.

The movie does start out kind of slow and confusing and makes you wondering what the heck is going on and at times what timeline you’re in. But as it goes on and you catch on to what’s happening, the more intriguing the movie becomes. Something like what I went through when watching “Momento”, another movie I absolutely love.

In my opinion, Jim Carrey did an excellent job in this very serious role. You do get some glimpses of the Jim Carrey goofiness at the beginning of the movie, but not much. There are surprises at the end of the movie that kept you guessing and left me with my mouth gapped opened and gasping.

This movie really surprised me. I really only wanted to see it to see how Jim Carrey would a serious role like this, so dark and mysterious. During the first half hour to forty-five minutes in, I’m like this is okay, but not really something I would really want to watch. Much like I was with “Momento”. But once it got really going it had me hooked and the ending just reeled me on in.

If you haven’t seen the “The Number 23” yet give it a try, if you have seen it, let me know what you think. And that says it all.

Click here to visit Klik.us and build my Kliks Add to Technorati Favorites

Subscribe to my feed and never miss a post


Text Link Ads




This is going to be the next big money maker, JOIN NOW!

No comments: