Thursday, August 16, 2007

Life Is Learning

The son of a friend of mine and I were talking the other day about how you can learn from everything around you. It surprised me that a young man in his mid twenties would have this same philosophy. This has been my philosophy for years and I had found very few people that think this way.

People often discount certain thing s as stupid, silly or childish, but you can still learn something from stupid, silly, childish things. I was able to pick up a pretty good vocabulary from reading comic books, which at the time I was a teenager and people were saying reading comics is childish, but I learned from them. I still read comics and create my own something else I learned to do by reading comics.

Lets take people. Some people because they may be unintelligent are discounted because other people figure what could I possibly learn from this idiot. Well, there is always something. Because they are not as intelligent as others they may think outside the box because they don’t know any better and therefore come up with a better way to do something that you or I would not have thought of.

I had a friend, who wasn’t exactly the brightest bulb in the pack, but he played the hell out of a guitar and he was self-taught. When I wanted to learn to play guitar I didn’t go to a guitar teacher, I went to my friend who taught me what I needed to know. He didn’t know the name of the chords he was playing, but he showed me chord structure and progression, I learned the name of the chords on my own.

It just goes to show that anything and everything around you, you can learn from. Watching TV, whether it’s a reality show, science fiction or drama theirs is something in there you can learn. Reading comics you can from them. Talking to a crazy person you can learn from it.

The moment you discount something as stupid, silly, childish or any other negative you cut yourself off from learning from that thing. Keep an open mind and view everything as something to learn from. And that says it all.

Subscribe to my feed and never miss a post

Click here to visit Klik.us and build my Kliks Add to Technorati Favorites

Text Link Ads




This is going to be the next big big money maker, JOIN NOW!

No comments: