Monday, July 16, 2007

Don’t Say I Can’t

I hate to hear people say can’t do something. When you say you can’t do something you have just defeated yourself. You have put up a block that now won’t allow you to do that thing. Whenever someone gives me a challenge or there something that I want to do, but don’t know how, I always say I can’t do it yet. That puts me on notice that this is something I’m going to be able to do soon.

I have taught myself a lot of things by having the attitude that anything anyone else can do I can do. I wanted to draw and paint so I told myself that’s what I’m going to do and I went about doing it. Getting how to paint books and watching how other artists painted and I learnt. Oh, I’m not a have ass artist either, I’m damn good at it. Check my art sites in my sidebar. I wanted to learn computers. A friend of mine showed me a few things and I took it from there, now in my circle I’m the computer guy that everyone comes to. I can go on as far as learning how to play keyboards, sing, write and other stuff. I did put that can’t block in my mind and I went about teaching myself the things I wanted to know.

Now, I’m not anything special I believe anybody can do anything they put their minds to. The one thing about me is that I realized it. So when somebody asks you to do you know how to do something and it’s something that you really want to do, don’t say “I can’t” say “I can’t do it yet” that lets them know and you know that you are going to be able to do it. And that says it all.

No comments: