Wednesday, July 25, 2007

Are Britney, Paris And Lindsay News?


Actually the better question is, why are the news networks obsessed with Britney Spears, Paris Hilton and Lindsay Lohan? I mean every time you turn to one of the news channels now they are talking about these girls. If it’s not about Lindsay Lohan’s latest alcoholic escapade, it’s about whatever stupid thing Britney Spears is doing or if Paris Hilton has changed after her jailhouse stay or all three.

In my opinion, the news networks should tell news that impacts our lives or the world around us and leave the Britney, Paris and Lindsay stuff to a few minutes of entertainment news or some fluff story, not hours of the stuff throughout the day.

There are people out there doing worse things than these girls are doing, tell me about them. Tell me who I should be watching out for, who might do some harm to me and others. If you feel you absolutely have to mention Britney, Paris and Lindsay, give me an “Oh Wow” moment and move on to some hard-hitting news. And that says it all.

No comments: