Friday, May 25, 2007

I Love My Mommy

I saved the best love for last. My mother is the greatest mother on the earth. That’s the most commonly made statement ever. Most every person on the planet feels that way about their mother. The love we have for our mothers is the greatest love of all.

Let me talk about my mother. My mother wasn’t a well-educated woman, she dropped out of school when got pregnant with me. For the most part she raised four of use on her own until she met and married my youngest brother and sister’s father. During my teen years and early twenties, my mother and I went through some rough patches. You know how it is when you reach adolescence and think you know more than your parents do.

When I was of age and went out on my own, despite our differences, my mother would always let me come back whenever I fell on my face and I fell a lot. As I got older I came to realize and appreciate the struggle my mother went through, especial with us older siblings. We didn’t have much, but mom made sure we had what we needed. Even now her house has a revolving door where any of us can go and live if we need to.

Mom has given a lot to me to help me through this life. She’s taught me to care and respect people. Even today in my 50s I give older people respect. She’s given me help when I needed it. But most of all she’s given me life itself.

For the things she’s done for me I thank her and give her my ever lasting love. And that says it all.

No comments: