Tuesday, May 22, 2007

I Hate Opera, But I Love Oprah


I know, I know fellas, how can a guy love Oprah? Isn’t Oprah’s show mainly for women? Yes, it is, but I didn’t say I loved the show. Although I do watch the show from time to time, I think it’s to sappy, star oriented and girly most of the time. No, I love Oprah the person. Once again here is a woman that’s sensible and logical. I have seen her deal with issues in a very logical manor. Although she may have some emotional feelings about that issue, she still handles it with reason, by asking sensible questions and adding logical comments. Even when Oprah’s show first started and she wore her emotions more on the outside, I must say she still handled her topics with logic and reason.

Oprah is an inspiration not only to blacks and women, but to all people all over the world. Here is a person that not only grew up poor, but was also sexually abused. She over came many obstacles to become one of the most respected, well like and powerful people in America. I mean anytime you can make other people rich just by having them on your show, that’s power.

Unlike yesterday’s love, Judge Judy, Oprah is very kind to the people on her show, even though she may dislike them immensely. In fact, she is a very kind, giving, and caring person period. She has given lots of her time and money to help people in Africa have food, a roof over their heads and an education. She’s helped people to better their lives and has given people the joy of helping people. She is one of the richest people in the US and a person that people listen to and follow her advice. Yet, she is still humble and down to earth.

I may not care too much for the Oprah Winfrey show, but I do love Oprah Winfrey the person. I would love to have her as a friend and just sit around, talk with her and debate about different issues. And that says it all.

No comments: