Wednesday, June 6, 2007

Social Security? Isn’t That My Money


Why am I pissed about social security? It’s there to help us in our old age, right? It’s our government’s way of saying “hey we’re going to look out for you in this time when you need some help”.

Bullshit! It’s our government’s way of saying we’re to stupid to think ahead so we’re going to do it for you. Never mind the fact that the government is making interest on our hard earned money that we ourselves could be making interest on. Never mind the fact that it’s our money that is supposed to be kept for us, but we can't get it when we want it.

Once again we’re being treated like kids who need our parents (the government) to protect us from ourselves as if we don’t know the consequence of our actions. I know I will need money to live on when I’m at an age when I can’t work. But I can have more money in a savings account drawing interest and more money for investments if it weren’t going into social security.

The government is making money off our social security that we could be making and we won’t see a dime of that extra money that we worked for. No we will get only what we put in if that. It’s been said that there might not be any social security by the time I’m eligible for it. That pisses me off because the money that the government has been taking from me to assure that I will be okay in my retirement years is being squander around by my protectors when I could have done that myself and enjoyed it.

Also social security is a ponzi or pyramid scheme that takes from the people who pay into it now to pay the retirees that are using it now. With people living longer and the changes in our society there aren't enough younger workers to adequately pay the benefits of the retirees.

Let’s also look at the fact that if you do get the chance to get social security, the government gives you each month, the amount of YOUR money that they think you should be able to live on for that month. Something like an allowance. For a lot of people this is an unrealistic amount to expect a person to live on.

The bottom line is, it’s my money, I didn’t volunteer to put it into social security. I would like to of had it to enjoy and invest myself. I’m an adult who can make his on decisions and I willing to suffer my own consequences. So I don’t want the government to decide when I need my money. It’s my money so let me get it when I what it. And that says it all.

No comments: