Monday, June 4, 2007

Sex Sells


This is the first of this week’s posts of things that piss me off. I’m going to start it off with a very controversial subject, prostitution.

Although I don’t see anything wrong with it, I must say that I have never paid for sex (out right that is, but I have wined and dined women in order to, lets say, spend some quality time with them) and I have no plans to in the near future. However, if I ever wanted or needed to buy sex, it would be my business and not the governments.

Prostitution is a deal made between two consenting adults. If a man or a woman wants to spend their money on having sexual pleasure with someone that is willing to give it, they should be allowed to. After all it’s their money and they’re not forcing the other person to have sex with them. For some people this may be the only way they can get sex. Why should they be deprived of one of, if not the most pleasurable feeling a person can have? I mean look at this, even though it’s illegal, people will risk going to jail to buy sex. That should tell you how strong that urge is.

Let’s look at a world without prostitution for a second. I see a huge up rise in rapes. I know they say that rape is a matter of control, but you take away a person avenue of getting sexual release and it becomes more than just wanting control over another person, it becomes a way of getting that most satisfying of feelings. You think I’m wrong. Well, just look at our prison system. When deprived of a way of having sex with the opposite sex, prison inmates will have sex with the same sex, by force if necessary. Don’t you think if inmates could pay, say a carton of cigarettes to have sex with the opposite sex, they would? I think that shows how important having a venue for sexual satisfaction is and how necessary prostitution is.

Okay, what am I pissed off about? Because the law is telling us that as consenting adults we can’t enter into a deal to have sex. The law says that even though you work hard for your money, you can’t spend it on the most pleasurable thing a person can experience. Oh, you can spend it on other pleasures, like movies, amusement parks or cruises, but not the one thing that everyone worldwide enjoys the most.

Nevada is the only state that has the sense to see that prostitution is a necessary business and should be legalized. The other 49 states should open their eyes and realize it too. And that says it all!

No comments: