Friday, June 8, 2007

Paris Hilton Out of Jail! What???


I was going to do a post today about the raising gas prices which I am pissed off about. But then Paris Hilton was freed from jail and that really pissed me off.

Paris Hilton had some medical condition, which they are saying is a rash on her body. Because they couldn’t get treat the condition, the sheriff decided to release Paris and put her under house arrest. So after serving 3 full days (technically 5) of a 23 day jail sentence, which by the way was shortened from 45 days, Paris gets to go home. Since she was allowed to go home, Paris and her attorney agreed to allow her sentence of the original 45 days. But it’s not all good for Paris. She does have to wear an ankle bracelet that may not go with any of her outfits.

Give me a break! Could I have gotten out of jail if I was in there for the same reason as Paris, if I had the same medical condition? No!!! If they couldn’t treat the condition in the correctional facility, I would have been taken to a hospital or some other health facility for treatment. I wouldn’t have been sent home.

There are plenty of people right now in jail that have medical illnesses, some with serious illnesses, they are given treatment in or out of the facility, but they can’t go home with a bracelet on their ankle. The only difference between them and Paris is that they’re not famous.

The one person I respect most in this whole mess is the judge that sentenced Paris. He in essence said I don’t care about your celebrity, your fame or fortune. To me you’re just like everyone else and I’m going to treat you as such. The judge has ordered Paris back in court today to decide if she should go back to jail or not. I believe whatever he decides will be fair.

I really can’t blame Paris in this situation. I would do anything I could to get out of jail myself. It’s the idiot sheriff who fell into the trap that’s at blame. Maybe he wanted to his 15 minutes of fame. After all his name is known by a lot more people now, but I won’t publish it here. And that says it all.

No comments: