Tuesday, October 9, 2007

Seeing Yourself Realistically

It is amazing to me how some people can fool themselves into thinking they are something they’re not. Have you ever been with somebody and they’re describing things that they don’t like about somebody else, but they do they same things? Or do you know someone that thinks they know it all, but have been proven wrong time and time again and they still don’t get it.

I play in a band and the leader of the band has an ego that far outweighs his talents. The only reason he’s the leader of the band in the first place is because he owns the sound equipment. He has no leadership skills at all and no one in the band has any respect for him.

He always claims to want things to be perfect yet he insists on singing and believe me he sounds like hell. We have tried to help him by telling him to lower the key on songs that he is straining on, but he won’t do and despite everybody tells him he sounds like hell he doesn’t believe it. He says those people are jealous.

He also can’t play the keyboards, which is the instrument he supposed to be playing. We do a lot of sequencing so he ends up just acting like he’s playing.

There is a lot of things this guy thinks he can that he actually fails at doing and somehow he fools himself into thinking he can do it, which is beyond me.

I always try to evaluate myself and look at myself realistically. I know the things that I’m good and the things that I need to work on. By looking at yourself realistically you give yourself a chance to improve on your imperfections. By not seeing yourself realistically you’ll keep doing things wrong and failing while all the time fooling yourself into thinking you can do things you can’t. And that says it all.

If you like this post Subscribe to my feed and never miss a post.

Click here to visit Klik.us and build my Kliks Add to Technorati Favorites

Mister Linker


Text Link Ads


This is going to be the next big money maker, JOIN NOW!


No comments: