Monday, June 11, 2007

Excuse Me, I Have Gas, NOT!!!


This was supposed to be part of my pissed off week last week, but the Paris Hilton thing happened and I just had to write about that. Anyway I’m still pissed off about this so here it is.

A few weeks ago I saw on the news that the oil companies were reporting record profits. You get this? The oil companies were bragging about the huge amount of profits they made and this is when gas prices were going in double digits almost every other day. The nerve of these people to tell me how fat their pockets are getting when I have to look at how much gas I have in my tank before I can make a decision to go anywhere.

As I write this gas prices have come down some, but hell it’s still about three dollars and I know that in places like California gas prices are a lot higher, but here in Ohio three dollars is a big jump from what we’re use to.

My question is, can’t the government do something about this? Can’t they put a freeze on gas prices or force the oil companies to drop the prices to a reasonable price. Dam’n we’re over there in Iraq helping those people out. Can’t we siphon of some of that gas to help drop gas prices over here?

Something needs to be done and soon. Hybrid cars, alternative forms of fuel, something that will let the oil companies know that they can’t keep holding us by the throat. With gas prices going up it will also cause prices of other things we need to go up in order to compensate. Things food, clothing, snacks (okay we don’t really need snacks. Or do we). Things may even get to the point of the movie “Soylent Green”, where a jar of strawberries cost a million dollars and the only thing we can afford to eat is each other.

In March there was a gas out where nobody was supposed to buy gas for a whole day to see if that would help drop the gas prices. It didn’t work. I’m pissed that oil companies can keep raising gas prices and brag about their big profits and the government doesn’t seem to be or can’t do anything about it and we can’t either. That says it all.

No comments: